If you are looking for senior care for yourself or a family member, it can be a daunting task. After all, options for elderly care run a wide gamut, depending on the senior’s individual needs and capabilities. Some seniors require minimal assistance with their daily tasks, while others with chronic medical conditions need constant care in order to live safely and comfortably – either in their own homes or in a nursing facility.
Either way, it can be difficult to know what elderly care option is right for your loved one unless you consult with an expert who can provide knowledgeable and beneficial advice. Who better to confer with than your family doctor, who knows your loved one and their specific needs?
Many of our family doctors specialize in geriatrics, which means that they are trained and experienced in helping seniors enjoy the best quality of life while achieving their maximum functional potential. This enables them to suggest the best elderly care options for your specific needs.
Let’s talk about the types of things you will likely hear from your family doctor when discussing your options regarding senior care for yourself or your loved one, and where you can go throughout Florida to receive top-notch medical advice and care for the whole family.
Focusing on the Right Senior Care Options
Choosing the right senior care option for your elderly loved one can be a complex and difficult decision. However, your family doctor can help you choose the most appropriate resources that meet your loved one’s complete needs. These options include:
- Primary care in which your loved ones are provided with comprehensive managed and preventative healthcare from dedicated professionals and in-house specialists who utilize the latest techniques in modern medicine to diagnose and treat seniors in a more personalized manner.
- Ancillary and internal diagnostic services that identify senior patient conditions and offer prompt treatment plans. Ancillary services, such as acupuncture, aerosol treatment, echocardiogram, electrocardiogram (EKG), laboratory services, physical therapy, massage therapy, ultrasound, and X-rays can improve senior patient care, reduce, or manage pain, enhance mobility and improve overall function.
- Case management and clinical care in which senior patients receive concierge care that helps prevent complications and effectively manages chronic conditions.
- Unlimited personalize transportation that makes it easier for senior patients to keep in-house and outside specialty appointments.
- Pharmacy membership that provides same-day delivery of prescription medications at no cost to senior patients.
- ACCESS and social worker support that assists senior recipients with social and government programs.
Exceptional Senior Care Services in South Florida and Central Florida
Palm Medical Centers offer everything from family healthcare to Medicare health services, with multiple locations throughout South Florida and Central Florida. Our team of board-certified primary care doctors and in-house specialists provide a wide range of interdisciplinary healthcare for patients of all ages, including services specifically dedicated to the needs of the elderly.
Of particular value to seniors, we are an affiliated ACCESS site that assists recipients in social and government programs, such as Medicare and Medicaid. Our ACCESS and Social Worker team guides patients in applications and renewals, food stamps, accessing meals, housing, medication management, injury prevention, and caregiver services.
To learn more about how we can help you make the best decisions regarding senior care, schedule a consultation by contacting the Palm Medical Centers location nearest you today. We look forward to serving you and your whole family!