A senior-focused medical center is a facility that delivers a wide range of high-quality, value-based healthcare services to senior patients. With an emphasis on personalized attention, the center’s services aim to improve all aspects of health and well-being by providing a number of physical, mental, and social services to patients.
Let’s talk about some of the key offerings at a senior focused medical center, and where you can go throughout Central Florida and South Florida for excellent medical care for seniors.
Comprehensive Primary Healthcare
Many older adults live with a chronic medical condition, such as hypertension (high blood pressure), diabetes, heart disease, and arthritis. Therefore, proactive primary care is an important aspect of keeping patients healthy and managing both acute illnesses and chronic conditions effectively.
Primary care physicians utilize the latest advancements in modern medicine to diagnose, treat, and even prevent a wide range of medical conditions and illnesses. They are trained to detect health problems in their early stages, which can dramatically improve the success of treatment. They can also provide treatment when patients have urgent care needs.
Primary care services can include:
- Routine medical assessments and physical exams
- Medication management and prescribing medication as necessary
- Preventive screenings as appropriate
- Vaccinations and immunizations
- Advice and guidance for the prevention of illness and disease
- Minor wound care
- Referral and coordination of medical specialist care when necessary
- Ongoing monitoring of chronic medical conditions
- Telehealth visits if preferred
Many senior medical centers also provide convenient on-site diagnostic testing facilities, such as electrocardiogram (EKG), echocardiogram, and ultrasound, as well as laboratory services to help identify a wide range of health concerns.
Wellness Center Activities
A senior medical center’s on-site wellness center provides numerous physically and mentally stimulating activities, festive social events, and educational classes for its patients. These wellness programs are designed to promote total health and wellness, prevent disease, and provide valuable social support for older adults.
Activities vary, but they often include:
- Arts and crafts
- Dance lessons
- Exercise classes
- Meditation and calming activities
- Monthly birthday celebrations
- Holiday and theme parties
- Educational courses (e.g., computer literacy, fall prevention, financial planning, chronic disease management, and nutrition)
Senior wellness activities are designed to be fun and enjoyable, to improve overall quality-of-life, and to help keep patients healthy. They offer seniors a number of important advantages, including:
- Physical health benefits, such as improving strength, range of motion, flexibility, and balance
- Mental health benefits, including boosting self-esteem, emotional well-being, motivation, improving sleep quality, lowering stress levels, and helping to prevent depression
- Social benefits, including making new friends, having access to a wider social network, and reducing isolation and monotony
- A greater level of independence
A senior focused medical center also offers a range of in-house specialty care services to patients to address any medical, psychological, and wellness issues. This enables patients to access a variety of care, all in one convenient location.
Types of specialty care offered may include:
- Dental care
- Physical therapy
- Massage therapy
Senior Focused Centers in Central Florida and South Florida
If you are looking for a senior focused center that provides high-quality, value-based healthcare services, consider Palm Medical Centers. We provide personalized attention and a variety of health and wellness services including primary care, lab services, unlimited transportation, pharmacy, wellness activities, optometry, massage therapy, acupuncture, and more.
To learn more about our senior medical services, call us today at (833) 500-7256 (PALM), or contact us online now. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Services may vary by center and market