Medical Transportation Services
Transportation challenges remain one of the biggest obstacles for older Americans.
Seniors are less likely to drive themselves, so may depend on friends or family to get them somewhere. They are also less likely to have a reliable vehicle available to them when needed. Many older adults are on a limited budget and the cost of using vehicles-for-hire, such as Uber or Lyft, may make travel on their own prohibitive. Those with limited mobility may require assistance in and out of vehicles, which is often yet another obstacle with most modes of public transportation.
Free Transportation for Our Medicare Advantage Patients
At Palm Medical Centers, we offer unlimited, complimentary transportation* to and from a patient’s medical appointments. This includes all of their in-house appointments at a Palm Medical Centers location – as well as to/from outside medical specialist clinics, as needed.
We also offer free daily transportation for our patients who opt to participate in wellness centers activities available at select Palm Medical Centers locations.
What You Can Expect
Here are some things to note about our transportation services:
- We have a fleet of state-of-the-art, wheelchair-accessible minivans and high-top buses available for nonemergency medical transportation for Palm Medical Centers Medicare Advantage patients. Our minivans can transport up to 5 people at once, and our buses can transport as many as 14.
- If your Palm Medical Centers location is one that offers transportation, you will need to request it at the time you schedule your appointment.
- Patients requiring transportation are allowed to bring one guest, if needed for assistive purposes. You must advise us if you will have a companion traveling with you when the reservation is made.
- Transportation is available during Palm Medical Centers normal business hours: Monday through Friday, 8 am – 5 pm.
- We offer door-to-door service. You must live within 10 miles of your destination, which must be a participating Palm Medical Centers location for a medical appointment or visit to a Palm Medical Centers wellness center.
- Our drivers can provide personal assistance if necessary, such as help with bags, a wheelchair, or other assistive devices.
- We require at least one business day’s advance notice of the need for transportation. If you need to cancel or reschedule the ride, please provide at least 24 hours’ notice so that we may give your seat to another Palm Medical Centers patient.
Getting to/from Your Medical Appointments is Free & Easy
Would you like to request transportation for your next visit – or schedule daily transportation to one of our wellness centers? Call your provider clinic directly to do so. You can also call (833)500-PALM (7256) to reserve transportation for your next visit with us.
* Free transportation is only available to our Medicare Advantage patients and only available at certain Palm Medical Centers locations.