Social Services for Seniors
More About ACCESS Florida
ACCESS stands for “automated community connection to economic self-sufficiency” – and its name essentially describes its purpose: to easily connect recipients with their public assistance information. This information is available online, 24/7, via a recipient’s MyACCESS account.
Programs accessible via ACCESS include:
- Medicaid: The federal and state public health insurance program for people with low incomes. This reduces healthcare costs and improves access to medical care for low-income adults, children, the elderly, pregnant women, and people with disabilities.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP): This is Florida’s food-assistance program: nutritional support for low-income seniors, individuals, and families, as well as those with disabilities living on fixed incomes. This is the program that provides EBT cards, which look and work like debit cards, but are loaded with SNAP benefits (sometimes called food stamps).
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF): Florida’s TANF program provides monthly cash assistance to needy families to help them become self-sufficient.
As a provider of senior-focused healthcare services in Florida, we at Palm Medical Centers believe you and your loved ones should receive all the assistance you are entitled to. We have dedicated patient relations outreach representatives committed to helping make this happen. Our patient liaisons work with ACCESS Florida representatives to streamline the process for you.
In addition to providing comprehensive medical care for our patients, we can also help you access and obtain social service assistance. For example, we can help with:
- Medicaid application and renewal
- Medicare application and plan selections
- SNAP benefits and meal assistance
- Lower-income housing opportunities
- Medication management
- Injury prevention
At Palm Medical Centers, it is also important to us that our patients’ caregivers – the families, loved ones, and others who support an elderly patient on a daily basis – receive the support and assistance they need. For more information, visit our Caregivers page.
Social Services Assistance at Palm Medical Centers
We want to help you obtain the social services available to you and your family.
Discover all the benefits of becoming a patient at Palm Medical Centers – and what whole-person, comprehensive healthcare truly means. To get started, call Palm Medical Centers at (833)500-PALM (7256) or send us a message now.
With 20 clinics located throughout Central and South Florida, there’s bound to be a Palm Medical Centers location near you. We’d also be happy to give you a tour of our medical clinic and wellness center.