Staying active – in body and mind – is critical to every person’s health and well-being. At Palm Medical Centers, we understand the importance of regular physical and mental activity. It’s why we have dedicated, on-site wellness centers at many of our locations in Central and South Florida.
Our senior wellness centers are just another benefit of becoming a patient at Palm Medical Centers.
Our Wellness Center Activities
At Palm Medical Centers, each of our senior wellness centers provide a large range of physically and mentally stimulating activities, festive events, and educational classes. The program is designed to promote health and wellness and prevent disease for older adults. Each center is a valuable social support resource for Palm Medical Centers patients.
Activities vary by location and may include:
- Arts and crafts
- Dance lessons
- Exercise classes
- Silver Sneakers
- Balance improvement programs
- Chair yoga, Tai Chi, meditation
- Monthly birthday celebrations
- Holiday and theme parties
- Educational courses
- Cell phone photography
- Computer literacy
- Diabetes 101
- Fall prevention
- Financial planning
- Importance of heart health
- Managing arthritis
- Nutrition and diet
- Preventing lower back pain
- Proper hypertension monitoring/management
Benefits of Senior Wellness Centers
For seniors, participating in wellness center activities can be fun and enjoyable as well as help keep you healthy.
Recreation, like that offered at Palm Medical Centers’ wellness centers, is important for older adults. Some of the benefits of participating in our wellness centers includes:
- Physical benefits, such as improved strength, range of motion, balance, and flexibility.
- Mental benefits, including enhanced emotional well-being, self-confidence, self-esteem, motivation, and a reduced risk of depression.
- Social benefits, such as the opportunity to make new friends, engage in interpersonal communication, have access to a wider social network, as well as reduced isolation and monotony.
- Quality-of-life improvements, including greater overall satisfaction and independence, lower stress levels, and improved sleep.
Stay Active in Body & Mind at Palm Medical Centers
Wellness center activities – like those offered at Palm Medical Centers locations – can put a spark back into the lives of older adults dealing with acute or chronic health issues.