When it comes to healthcare, seniors have special needs that extend beyond medical diagnosis and treatment. Often, they require assistance with things such as:
- Medicaid application and renewal
- Medicare application and plan selections
- SNAP benefits and meal assistance
- Lower-income housing opportunities
- Medication management
- Injury prevention
At Palm Medical Centers, we offer additional social services to seniors that not only make healthcare available, but are also accessible and affordable.
Broadening the Definition of Senior Care
Palm Medical Centers is affiliated with ACCESS Florida, a limited extension of the Florida Department of Children and Families program that is designed to assist recipients in social and government programs.ACCESS is an acronym for “automated community connection to economic self-sufficiency.” It means that seniors have 24/7 access online to public assistance information via a MyACCESS account.
Among the public assistance programs available through MyACCESS are:
- Medicaid: The federal and state public health insurance program that helps reduce healthcare costs and improves access to medical care for low-income adults, children, pregnant women, and people with disabilities, including the elderly.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP): This is Florida’s food-assistance program that provides nutritional support for low-income seniors, individuals, and families, as well as those with disabilities living on fixed incomes. The program furnishes recipients with EBT cards that look and work like debit cards butinclude SNAP benefits (also known as food stamps).
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF): Florida’s TANF program provides monthly cash assistance to needy families to help them become self-sufficient.
In addition to providing access to these assistance services, Palm Medical Centers also offers Medicare services with a team of dedicated patient relations outreach representatives. These patient liaisons work with ACCESS Florida representatives to streamline the process and enable seniors to get all the benefits they are entitled to.
Last but certainly not least, Palm Medical Centers offer caregiver services to support and assist families, loved ones, and others who support elderly patients on a daily basis.
Senior Care in Tampa, Florida
At Palm Medical Centers, we go the extra mile by helping you obtain the social services available to you and your family.
Discover what comprehensive senior primary care is all about. We have 27 clinics located throughout Central and South Florida, so there’s bound to be a Palm Medical Centers clinic near you.