September 10th is National Grandparents Day and what better time for families to get together and show Grandma and/or Grandpa how much you appreciate them?
Rather than just visiting them for a few hours and/or presenting them with a store-bought gift, there are lots of memorable fun activities you can share to celebrate National Grandparents Day, such as:
- Hosting a special luncheon or dinner for your grandparents. Make sure to invite other family members who’d love to spend time with the guests of honor, too.
- Holding a family photoshoot. Grandparents Day is a great opportunity to have the whole family dress up and have a professional photographer snap some memorable pictures with Grandma and Grandpa front and center that you and they will cherish for years to come.
- Organize a movie date. Treat your grandparents to a day at the cinema, especially if a local theater is showing a classic film they remember fondly. Or you can opt for a new family movie that the grandparents can enjoy with their beloved grandchildren.
- Dedicate the day to learning more about your family history. Listen to your grandparents’ stories about the past and record them as a lasting record for the family. While you’re at it, use this time to have your grandparents elaborate on your family tree.
- Have a grandparent teach you about their favorite hobby and share it with them. Whatever their favorite pastime – be it golfing, gardening, playing cards, painting, or wood-crafting –ask your grandparents to show you how it’s done.
- Creating something together. Whether it’s building a birdhouse or fashioning a plaque to hang in their home or garden, your grandparents will always think of you when they see it.
- Cookingafamily recipe. Choose a dish that reminds your grandparents of something they loved as a child or is associated with their heritage. Then, sit down and savor it together.
- Taking a road trip. Arrange a Grandparents Day weekend adventure and visit old or new places they want to see as a family.
- Doing their yard work. The older one gets, the more tiring it becomes to tend to a lawn and garden. Put the whole family to work sprucing up their property, such as painting fences, trimming trees, weeding, and hanging flower baskets. While you’re at it, consider planting a tree – with their permission, of course.
- Signing up for a class together. Ask your senior loved ones if they’d like to learn a new craft – like knitting or pottery, for example–alongside you at a community center. It’s a great way to spend quality time together.
- Taking a complimentary private tour of Palm Medical Centers’ Wellness Center. Participating in wellness center activities can be fun for seniors and is a way to help them maintain their health. At Palm Medical Centers, each of our senior wellness centers provides a broad range of physically and mentally stimulating activities, festive events, and educational classes. The program is specially designed to promote health and wellness and prevent disease for older adults. Accompany the grandparents on a tour of our facilities and encourage them to learn more and take advantage of all our amenities.
Premier Senior Care in South and Central Florida
At Palm Medical Centers, we provide premier senior care with genuine kindness every day of the year. Our wellness center activities are just a part of our comprehensive services designed to put the spark back into the lives of older adults and help them deal with any acute or chronic health issues they may have.
For more information about our wellness centers or to arrange a complimentary tour, call Palm Medical Centers at (833)500-PALM (7256) or send us a message now. We have 35 centers throughout Florida and Texas, and growing. Call a location near you today. Have a happy Grandparents Day!