When you’re ill and need to see a doctor, where should you go –a hospital or a medical center – and is there a difference?
A hospital is equipped to handle medical emergencies, but a medical facility like Palm Medical Centers can provide a wide variety of services, the same quality of medical care, innovative medicine, and expert physicians – especially with 26 convenient locations throughout South and Central Florida.
Let’s take a look at the similarities and distinct differences between a medical center and a hospital.
Who Has The Edge in Personalized Services for Your Medical Needs?
The terms “hospital” and “medical center” may seem synonymous, but each is different in key ways.
While both offer a variety of specialists, primary care physicians, and surgeons, as well as comprehensive treatments, a medical center is designed to provide more personalized care. That is certainly the case with Palm Medical Centers, which provide more than just high-quality treatments for medical conditions.
For one thing, we offer premier primary care for seniors age 65 and older with Medicare Advantage plans. Our board-certified, attentive doctors, knowledgeable and compassionate case managers, and professional staff focus on the needs of patients in the diverse communities in which we serve. By establishing relationships with our patients, we are better able to offer customized solutions designed to optimize patients’ health and well-being – something you won’t find at a hospital.
In addition to diagnostic and in-house laboratory services and primary care, we offer:
- Case Management and Clinical Care – This concierge-style case management program – called Palm Cares – offers one-on-one, personalized assistance and guidance to patients.
- Social Services – Our dedicated patient relations outreach representatives help with everything from Medicare and Medicaid applications, plan selection, and renewal to SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) benefits and assistance, lower income housing opportunities, medication management, and injury prevention.
- Transportation–At Palm Medical Centers, we offer unlimited, complimentary transportationfor Medicare Advantage patients to and from medical appointments and free daily transportation for patients who participate in wellness center activities available at select Palm Medical Centers locations.
- Wellness Centers – Each of our wellness centers provide a wide range of physically and mentally stimulating activities, festive events, and educational classes.
- Pharmacy Delivery – At many of our locations, our patients can conveniently fill their prescriptions at the on-site pharmacy (Nova Pharmacy).
- Telemedicine – We offer established patients online, real-time, video visits with providers from allof our 26 in Central and South Florida.
These comprehensive, personalised services are what set Palm Medical Centers apart from hospitals for our patients’ non-emergency healthcare needs.
Medical Center Near You in South and Central Florida
Palm Medical Centers excels at providing high-quality and value-based preventive, as well as primary, healthcare services that can help keep you healthy as you age. With 26 convenient locations throughout South and Central Florida, we provide a wide range of interdisciplinary healthcare services.
For more information about our value-based, preventive health services or to make a doctor’s appointment, please contact the medical center closest to you during regular business hours.