Medicare Advantage plans are a key way to save money on healthcare costs, but there are many other benefits that also come with this type of plan.
Let’s explore some of the surprising benefits that come with a Medicare Advantage plan, and which doctor’s medical center in Miami can provide you with the best-quality medical care covered by your Medicare Advantage plan.
What Are Medicare Advantage Plans and How Do They Work?
Medicare Advantage plans, also known as Part C plans, are private health insurance plans that are approved by Medicare. These plans provide all of the benefits covered under Original Medicare (Parts A and B), but they may also offer additional coverage, such as Medicare drug coverage (Part D), dental, and vision.
Medicare Advantage plans work with Medicare to provide you with Part A coverage (hospital insurance) and Part B coverage (medical insurance). You will still need to pay your monthly Medicare Part B premium, as well as any premiums your chosen Medicare Advantage plan may charge.
Benefits of Choosing a Medicare Advantage Plan
The major benefits of choosing a Medicare Advantage plan include:
- You are likely to have lower out-of-pocket costs. Under Original Medicare, you would be responsible for paying 20% of the cost of your covered healthcare services. With a Medicare Advantage plan, your plan may cover some or all of this 20%, meaning you could save money on your overall healthcare costs.
- You may have access to more coverage. Medicare Advantage plans must offer at least the same level of coverage as Original Medicare, but many plans also offer additional coverage – such as prescription drugs, dental, and vision. This means you could get the care you need in one place, without having to worry about coordinating separate insurance plans.
- You may have more predictable costs. Many Medicare Advantage plans offer monthly premiums, deductibles, and co-pays that are lower than what you would pay under Original Medicare. This can help make your overall healthcare costs more predictable each month.
- You may have access to extra perks. Some Medicare Advantage plans offer helpful extras, such as gym memberships, transportation assistance, and over-the-counter medication coverage. These extras can make your life easier and help you save money on the things you need.
How to Find the Best Medicare Advantage Plan for You
Every Medicare Advantage plan has various offerings and costs. You will want to look for a plan that meets your specific needs and budget.
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you compare plans:
- What type of coverage do you need? Make sure the plan you choose covers all of the services you need.
- What is your budget? Be sure to compare premiums, deductibles, and co-pays to find a plan that you can afford.
- What is the quality of the plan? Check to see whether the plan has been rated by Medicare or other organizations. You can also read reviews from current and former members to get an idea of the quality of the plan.
- What is the plan’s network? Make sure the Medicare Advantage plan you choose has a network of providers that meets your needs. You should also check to see if your current providers are in the plan’s network.
Doctor’s Medical Center in Miami, FL
At Palm Medical Centers, all of our patients who have Medicare Advantage qualify for unlimited, complimentary *transportation to and from appointments – this includes appointments at Palm Medical Centers as well as appointments at outside specialist clinics, if recommended by your primary care physician. In addition, any patient who participates in our wellness center activities are offered free daily transportation to our wellness centers.
Palm Medical Centers offer a variety of locations throughout South Florida and Central Florida, so you are in good hands wherever you live. Our board-certified physicians have many years of experience treating all kinds of medical conditions and keeping patients healthy.
To make an appointment with us, call us today at (833) 500-7256, or request an appointment here via our online form. We look forward to serving you!
*Transportation services vary by location and market. Check with the office first to ensure availability.